Paragon Software Overview
Paragon Software Group (PSG) is an innovative software developer focused on two dynamic growth markets. The company's comprehensive product line for the data storage market, Storage Management Division addresses the needs of data security and storage management for PCs, servers and networks. A second portfolio of products, Mobility Division focuses on mobile productivity applications for handheld devices. Engineering breakthrough, competitive total cost of ownership, quality and inventiveness drives PSG solutions on a leading position. Founded in 1994, PSG has offices in the USA, Germany, Japan, China and Poland delivering its solutions to consumers, small business and enterprise clients worldwide through a network of Value Added Resellers, distributors and OEMs as well as online through the company website. PSG provides technology to a host of world class companies and partners including Dell, Toshiba, Nec, Siemens, Phoenix, Microsoft, Motorola, Nokia and more.
|Price (RRP):||from $19.95 to $79.95|
Linux Kernels up to 4.12.x
|Requirements:||Intel Pentium III CPU or its equivalent, with 1000 MHz processor clock speed
At least 1 GB of RAM
SVGA video adapter and monitor
Data safety is a complex problem that requires you take care of many things. Paragon Hard Disk Manager (HDM) consolidates 25 years of hands-on expertise in system software to keep your data healthy and safe.
We recommend using protected mode, which is enabled by default. In this mode, everything you want to do is first placed in a queue, with changes applied only after user verification. You don’t have to wait for an operation to finish before you can move on, since some operations can take time to complete. More importantly, you can go back one step at a time in case of problems, or to undo any changes already made.
Start for free
Hard Disk Manager Basic is a fully functioning version that contains a selection of key features so you can start protecting your computer right away. It includes basic partitioning to help keep your disks properly organized and functioning efficiently, as well as professional-grade backup to safely retain and restore data.
Paragon Recovery Media Builder
Hard Disk Manager also comes with full-fledged Paragon Recovery Media Builder to help correct most boot problems that might occur from logical errors, hardware malfunctions, or failures. Additionally, if your system becomes corrupted or compromised — including problems caused by malware or ransomware — you’ll be able to quickly restore full operability of your system and applications with minimal data loss.
Data safety made simple for novice users and experts alike
- Organize your disks, ensure capacity and performance of storage media
- Transfer systems on the fly, use physical and virtual appliances at will
- Use professional-grade backup to secure systems, applications and data
- Always stay up and running with boot fix and fail-safe system recovery
Upgrade to premium
- Covers up to three personal computers
- Offers a number of advanced features
- Includes premium technical support
- Warrants discounts for other Paragon products
Resize partitions on the fly
- Internal drive running low on available disk space? This dilemma often occurs when you have multiple partitions to accommodate different systems and data types. With Hard Disk Manager, you can resize partitions on the fly to maximize available storage capacity.
Clean up media
- When disposing of an old computer, it’s a good idea to first wipe personal data. Hard Disk Manager makes this task a snap by irreversibly destroying data stored on a device.
- Alternatively, you can opt only to clean unused space (in which case deleted files can still be restored), while keeping useful data intact. You may be surprised to learn how much data leakage occurs from the negligence of this simple rule.
Live transfer your systems and data
- Suppose you want to change your old mechanical hard disk drive (HDD) to a fast new solid-state storage device (SSD). With Hard Disk Manager, you simply choose where you want Windows to be, and there it is, ready to run. You can even continue working on your system while Windows is being relocated! No manual operations or reboots necessary — just switch over when ready.
- Complete uEFI support
- Parallel ATA (Parallel Advanced Technology Attachment)
- SATA (Serial Advanced Technology Attachment)
- External SATA (eSATA)
- SCSI, iSCSI
- USB (Universal Serial Bus) 1.x/2.0/3.0
- IEEE 1394 (FireWire)
- All types of RAIDs (hardware and software)
- PC or PCMCIA Card (Personal Computer Memory Card International Association)
- 2.2TB+ hard disk drives
- AFD (Advanced Format Drive)
- Non-512B sector size drives
- SSD (Solid State Drive)
- CD-R/RW, DVD-R/RW, DVD+R/RW, DVD+/-R (DL)
- BD-R, BD-RE
- Windows Storage Spaces Support
- MBR (Master Boot Record)
- GPT (GUID-Partition Table)
- Microsoft Dynamic Disk
- NTFS (v1.2, v3.0, v3.1)
- FAT16, FAT32
- Linux Ext2FS, Linux Ext3FS, Linux Ext4FS, Linux Swap
- Apple HFS+
- Other file systems (in the sector-by-sector mode)
- With BitLocker encrypted hard disks
Wipe with government and military security standards and academic algorithms.
Fast, reliable and easy to use!
As time goes by and your machines get older and older, the day will come that you decide to get rid of them. You may sell, donate or simply throw away used computers, disk drives and removable media, but you’ll want to be sure to wipe all your data off them first. Even if you delete files and re-format disks, the data they contain can easily be recovered with help of special utilities. Paragon Disk Wiper 15 Professional will keep your sensitive information safe from discovery by permanently deleting it from any type of storage media. New: reliable and irreversible data destruction on SSD storage devices!
Dependable data wiping
Both your company and your private data is yours and yours alone, even when you’re retiring an old hard drive.
With Paragon Disk Wiper you can free up storage space and make sure the data’s been deleted once and for all. All you have to do is use the military-grade wiping algorithms included (either individually or in combination) – or develop your own ones!
Paragon Wiping Medium
The new Wiping Media Builder 3.0 makes it extremely easy and flexible to create a bootable media on a CD, DVD disc, or flash memory, which can later be used to boot and irreversibly destroy the on-disk data. Moreover, you can use it to save data from partitions of your hard disk directly to compact discs or burn ISO images. The utility supports various formats of laser discs: CD-R/RW, DVD-R/RW, DVD+R/RW, DVD-R, DVD+R double layer, and Blu-ray, and it can handle multi-session burning.
- Secure data wiping to successfully destroy all on-disk information
- Wipe SSDs without affecting their operating life
- Free space clearing to destroy any remnants of deleted files/directories
- 10 different data erasure algorithms to choose from
- Supports Windows 10!
Wiping SSD (Solid State Drive)
- The internal architecture of an SSD is very different from that of a hard disk, and the way SSDs store data is very different as well. This means that existing disk sanitization techniques originally used for HDDs won't work on SSDs. Reliable SSD sanitization requires built-in, verifiable sanitize operations. Moreover, standard wiping processes significantly reduce the lifespan of SSDs.
- After some research on the issue, our company has improved our disk wiping technology and can now guarantee irreversible secure data destruction on SSD storage devices without shortening the SSD’s service life.
Paragon Partition Manager is the standard software for dividing hard drives without data loss.
Flexible partitioning and optimization of hard disks and SSDs!
Make full use of your hard disk capacity! The Paragon Partition Manager allows you to quickly divide your hard disk into easily manageable partitions without data loss, thus ensuring ideal hard disk structure. The product offers an extensive range of functions for flexible partitioning, optimization and managing your computer. No matter whether you are restructuring your hard drive and dividing it up in partitions, redistributing free memory storage space, or using several operating systems on the PC at once, the software’s high-performance partitioning tools help you make optimum use of the available memory space on the hard disk.
Partitioning – quick and without data loss
Do you need more space for the system partition, or would you like to separate the operating system and data, install another operating system on the computer, restructure the hard disk or set up a new computer? The high-performance partitioning engine will help you divide your hard disk into well-arranged partitions in no time and makes sure the memory storage space available on the hard disk is used ideally.
Enhanced data security and flexibility
Dividing a hard disk into at least two partitions provides major advantages when it comes to data security. If you keep your operating system, applications and data on different partitions, you will be on the safe side if ever becomes necessary to reinstall Windows or run a backup or image: your data will stay protected in a separate partition. And division into smaller drives increases the speed of accessing the drives’ contents.
The market leader! Proven reliability for all kinds of partitioning tasks
- Quick and simple partitioning of hard disks without data loss
- Create, split, format and merge partitions or redistribute free memory storage space, and much more
- Automatic partition alignment*
- The partitioning tool with security plus features
- Create a bootable recovery medium with a few clicks!
- Windows 10 Support
Convenient partitioning functions - easy to use
- The intuitive program assistants help you manage the partitions on your hard drive quickly and efficiently. For instance, if you want to establish a new NTFS partition, the program wizard will create one with the best possible utilization of the available resources (automatic alignment). You can expand, reduce, relocate or delete partitions just as easily, or restore partitions you may have accidentally deleted.
Increase hard disk and system performance
- The powerful partitioning tools ensure an ideal hard disk structure. The operating system can process data more efficiently if the physical hard disk is divided into a number of logical hard drives, each of which has its own letter and volume name.
- The automatic partitioning alignment ensures that the partitions are already aligned correctly during the partitioning process, thus optimizing the hard disk’s performance. Ideally configured partitions speed up all file system operations!
Data security plus thanks to proven technologies
- With Paragon’s Smart-Partition™ technology, you can conduct your partitioning operations safely. Paragon Power Shield™ (power failure protection) ensures that no errors will occur even if there’s a blackout, and that critical operations will continue to be carried out as soon as the power goes back on. Integrated Paragon backup functions allow you to create a backup before working on a hard drive. So if an operation doesn’t go as planned, it’s no big deal. The recovery wizard will get your system back up and running in no time.
Paragon Recovery Medium
- The Recovery Media Builder 3.0 makes it extremely easy and flexible to create your own personal recovery environment. If your operating system won’t boot up anymore, you can fire up your PC with the bootable Paragon recovery environment and load in an existing backup, secure important data or rectify booting errors. With the Home edition, you create the recovery medium based on Linux/DOS; the Professional edition allows to prepare either Linux/DOS or WinPE-based bootable recovery media.
Provides the most efficient way of computer migration for any soft and hardware combination, from any source to any target.
Disk Cloning and System Migration - deploy new hard drive easily!
Want to replace the hard disk of your PC or notebook, or move your Windows system to new hardware? Then Paragon Drive Copy is the ideal tool. The software provides the most efficient way of computer migration for any soft- and hardware combination, from any source to any target. Featuring wide copy & migration options, including virtualization as well as backup & restore facilities, the handy program wizards guide you through the tasks step-by-step. Forget time-consuming re-installations of Windows operating systems and all applications. Smoothly migrate all you need to your new environment - and enjoy your new device!
Copy & Migration of system and data - quickly and easily
Paragon Drive Copy 15 Professional includes latest innovations in migration of Windows OS and data to different environments. When upgrading to newer or just replacing failed hardware, comfortably move your Windows to a completely different hardware platform. Our unique P2P (Physical-to-Physical) technology guarantees the startup of your system on a dissimilar hardware configuration. Automatic partition alignment aligns partitions to ensure best drive performance.
Migrate OS to SSD - with minimal effort!
Want to take advantage of the performance a fast SSD has to offer? But how to migrate a Windows OS and hundreds of gigabytes of data on one huge volume to a SSD drive of 80-128GB? Drive Copy makes it easy to move your existing system to that type of storage medium. The integrated Migrate OS to SSD wizard performs fast and safe Windows migrations to SSDs and downsizes to smaller capacity drives. It allows you to separate user and system data from one another and distribute them among different target hard disks so you can make the most out of your space on a new speedy SSD.
Performs any migration, no matter the source or target.
- Fast migration to new hardware and virtual machines - flexible and without re-installation
- Migration on hard disks with different sector size
- Support for major virtual machines
- Recovery Media Builder 3.0: create your bootable recovery medium with a few clicks!
- Windows 10 Support!
Virtualization: Reap the benefits of virtual machines
- Drive Copy helps you to easily transfer your physical system to a virtual environment such as VMware Workstation, Oracle Virtual Box or MS Virtual PC. This opens up enormous opportunities, for example, create a virtual clone of your old system and enjoy working with old applications you can’t launch on your new PC. Thanks to Connect VD you can use your virtual disk as if it’s an ordinary physical disk.
Paragon Recovery Medium
- The new Recovery Media Builder 3.0 makes it extremely easy and flexible to create your own personal recovery environment. And thanks to the latest WinPE technology, the recovery environment is also intuitive to operate. If your operating system won’t boot up anymore, you can fire up your PC with the bootable Paragon recovery environment and load in an existing backup, secure important data or rectify booting errors.
Clone hard disk
- Drive Copy creates an exact clone of an existing partition or hard disk. Unlike ordinary copying of HDD data, our program not only copies user's data, but transfers the entire HDD content, including metadata, service structures, settings etc. to a new hard drive. This approach enables to successfully clone system hard drives with no additional effort like manual configuration or adjustments.
Paragon’s Migrate OS performs fast and safe Windows migrations to new storage devices (HDD or SSD) and even downsizes to smaller capacity drives, thanks to advanced data exclusion capabilities.
The easiest OS migration to new storage devices!
Our handy intuitive wizard performs fast and safe Windows migrations to new storage devices (HDD or SSD) and even downsizes to smaller capacity drives, thanks to advanced new data exclusion capabilities. You can transfer a live system without affecting your work, and have your partitions automatically aligned without any extra work.
Windows migration from HDD to a smaller SSD
At launch, the wizard detects all existing Windows operating systems. Users then specify which OS they want to migrate. The wizard automatically picks one or two partitions (Windows 7 and above may have Microsoft System Reserved, special hidden partitions that contain critical boot files) and prompts the user to select a destination disk. If the selected disk is big enough to hold the operating system, it starts the migration. If not, it asks the user to exclude data by unchecking boxes next to unnecessary files or folders. When the proper size is reached, the migration begins.
Misalignment increases the amount of read and write operations significantly. This causes a lowered HDD/SDD performance and a reduced SSD lifetime. Migrate OS will automatically align partitions on the destination disk, so you can start working with the migrated OS instantly and without worrying about alignement issues.
Fast and easy OS migration!
- Performs Windows migrations to new storage devices (HDD or SSD) in a single operation
- Downsizes to smaller capacity drives, thanks to advanced data exclusion capabilities
- Automatically aligns partitions on the destination disk
- Completely new user interface
- Fast and safe migrations under Windows 10
Windows migration from HDD to SSD or HDD with same size
- The intuitive wizard transfers a Windows system to another disk with minimal effort. All the user has to do after the migration is to configure the destination disk as the first boot device in BIOS, which automatically starts the new system.
Backup, recovery, partitioning and disk management solution for Mac OS X.
Back up, restore and maintain your Mac!
Paragon Hard Disk Manager for Mac is the ideal system and data management solution for Mac. Powerful backup and flexible recovery functions, everything you need for perfect partitioning, reliable data wiping algorithms, and much more... All of this is what will make your Mac happy!
Complete hard disk management
Covers all aspects of a Mac computer life cycle, beginning from drive partitioning and regular backup to system migration, disaster recovery and secure utilization of an outdated storage. You need two or more competitive utilities to have a similar set of functions.
Regular data protection
Sector-level data processing through the Paragon's Snapshot enables to do live imaging of the entire Mac including OS, applications with great perfomance. Backup to VMDK opens up an easy migration to a virtual environment of VMware Fusion. Fast restore at a granular level allows to restore only needed files through the Finder by mounting backup image.
The first all-round solution to completely protect, maintain and manage your Mac!
- Snapshot-driven backup & powerful recovery features
- Resizing partitions and redistributing unused space
- Recovering lost or accidentally deleted partitions
- Disk copying and secure data wiping
- Easy way to disable System Integrity Protection
- Supports the latest macOS Sierra
Bootable recovery media
- Create a bootable USB-flash stick or external storage to restore OS X system volumes or accomplish drive partitioning when OS X fails to start up or SIP doesn’t allow to perform the operations.
Boot Camp management
- Anything you may need to effectively manage your Boot Camp Windows: backup, restore, repartitioning as well as boot correction capabilities.
- 10 military and governmental data wiping standards as well as support of the “SSD Trim” function to safely erase all on-disk data or only remnants of deleted files on traditional rotating platter disks or solid state drives.
Highly-rated tool set for backup and recovery. Effective protection for home PCs designed for both accomplished and novice users.
Worry-free Data and System Backup
Whether simply saving data, automating backup processes, or creating complex backup routines, Backup & Recovery 16 covers all your needs. Not sure which setting is most suitable? No need to worry! The powerful software wizards guide users step by step through the backup jungle – and the newly designed UI will clear the path!
Enterprise Class Technologies
The product is stuffed with enterprise-class technologies such as the rock-solid, time-tested proven backup engine or the advanced Paragon backup archive PVHD (Paragon virtual hard disk). PVHD archives can be mounted and browsed within your Windows system (assign a drive letter) and are perfect for storing on a network share thanks to its CRC technology.
Backup Strategies - Customized Backup Automation
Backup strategies are designed to easily set and run automated backup jobs. Choose from our reliable pre-defined strategies or design your very own strategy with Paragon’s new backup strategy design tool.
Flexible System Recovery
- The mighty restore wizard rules restorations of all kinds. Equally useful for retrieving entire systems, disks or partitions or single files, the software puts the user in full control. Restoration to different hardware? With Backup & Recovery 16, a backup of the entire system can be restored even on new hardware with just a few clicks.
WinPE Recovery media
- Your PC fails to boot? Thanks to the WinPE-based recovery media, users get a handy tool which lets them perform most tasks from a bootable USB stick. This is perfect to rescue files, fix boot problems or perform a bare metal restoration, even if the system fails to boot.
Easy backup & flexible restoration!
- Full range of backup and recovery solutions
- Reliable recovery of individual files or entire systems
- Restore operating systems on new hardware platforms
- Set & Run technology!
- Define scenario-based backup jobs
- Quick “stand-alone/single time” backups
Paragon NTFS for Mac 15 solves any problems of editing data on a Windows hard drive or any NTFS storage devices onto your Mac.
Experience total communication between Mac & Windows with the industry’s highest performing file system technology. Paragon HFS+ for Windows is the only solution that provides full read-write access to HFS /HFSX partitions on any type of disks (GPT, MBR) under most of Windows versions. Access Mac-formatted partitions in Windows systems with the fastest and most stable HFS driver on the market.
Paragon ExtFS for Mac provides full read and write accessibility to Ext2/3/4 Partitions under macOS.
Paragon ExtFS for Windows provides full read and write accessibility to Ext2/3/4 Partitions under Windows.
NTFS&HFS+ for Linux 9.5 Professional perfects your Linux.
Cross-platform driver pack with lifetime upgrade assurance.
Manage disk space on Macs with Boot Camp.
Paragon Partition Manager is the best tool for hard drive partitioning.