Join the ebook revolution with Jutoh. Built for Windows Built for Mac Built for Linux Built for Raspberry Pi 2 Built for FreeBSD
Easily create ebooks in Epub and Kindle formats: publish on any ebook distribution site, including Amazon's Kindle, Apple's iBooks, Google Play, Kobo, and more. Your readers can use Kindles, iPads, iPhones, Android tablets and phones, Macs and PCs. You can also create PDFs suitable for sending to print-on-demand services.
|Manufacturer:||Anthemion Software Ltd.|
|Price (RRP):||from $39 to $80|
Mac OS X
Edit one project - output to many distributors
Create your project in seconds from existing files using Quick Convert; or create your book from scratch using the built-in text editor. Add images, boxes and tables; create a table of contents, footnotes, index, and bibliography.
Select a book cover design from Jutoh's templates, or create your own with the built-in cover designer.
Jutoh is fast and flexible and works on Windows, Mac, and Linux. It'll even run on Intel Chromebooks, and is free on the Raspberry Pi 2.
- Formatting: Jutoh supports paragraph and text formatting. You can add custom paragraph styles to the built-in styles, and you can specify custom CSS for each style (or the whole style sheet) if required. Define keyboard shortcuts and favourites to quickly apply styles to your document.
- Multiple format export: Jutoh exports to Epub, Mobipocket (if the kindlegen application is available), ODT, HTML, and text. Epub and Kindle cover the majority of distributors, including Amazon, Apple, Nook, Kobo, and Google Books. Jutoh Plus also writes HTB and CHM application help files.
- PDF creation via ODT: Jutoh creates OpenDocument Text (ODT) files complete with page styles for different sections of your book, allowing for different headers and footers in different parts of the book. It can also export a full table of contents with both hyperlinks and page references, and footnotes and alphabetical indexes will also be exported in the native ODT format. Using an application such as the free OpenOffice.org, you can quickly convert the ODT to PDF suitable for printing, viewing online or sending to a print-on-demand service.
- HTML, text, DOCX, ODT, and Epub import: Jutoh imports from a range of formats. Import from DOCX, ODT, plain text, HTML, or an existing Epub ebook. (Note that complex CSS style definitions may not be preserved when importing from HTML or Epub.)
- Image support: Jutoh has extensive support for bitmap images, including specifying conversion format and quality, and image size (dynamic within the ereader and also static resizing on compilation). Jutoh can convert absolute sizes to percentages so your images scale to the different display sizes. Jutoh supports floating images, where text flows to the left or right.
- Table and text box support: Jutoh can import tables and text boxes, and you can also create new ones.
- SVG and MathML support: The drawing object gives the author the choice of outputting a bitmap, an SVG image, or MathML code, depending on the target ebook format and platform. From the drawing object properties, you can edit, import, export and preview the image. Edit your image or formula in a helper application, such as Inkscape, GIMP or LibreOffice/OpenOffice Math, and reimport it into Jutoh with the click of a button. Copy formulae from a Word document, or import a whole ODT document full of MathML or SVG images.
- Fixed layout page editor: Jutoh is principally an editor for reflowable books, but you can also create fixed layout books by adding fixed layout pages. You can then specify background images for the pages, and position further images and text boxes. Magnification of regions is automatically supported for Kindle. Jutoh can export fixed layout ebooks for Kindle, iBooks and Epub 3. Pages are split into two HTML files or joined into a single HTML file from two pages, as determined by the way the project was created and the target format.
- Quick preview facility: You can quickly preview the book section you are working on in a web browser window.
- 'Configurations' allow extensive customisation: Jutoh's configuration facility allows you to define a version of your book that has its own cover, style sheet, and even variations in content (such as a title page with text specific to a web site or publisher).
- Cover designer: Jutoh's cover designer lets you quickly create a simple cover design for your book, and a number of templates are provided. You can change the layout of a design and add more text and pictures; keywords in the design are updated automatically from the book's metadata.
- Table of Contents Wizard: By default, Jutoh can create a simple table of contents from chapter titles, without intervention. If you need finer control of your table of contents, Jutoh has a wizard to make it easy for you to build the contents page based on the styles of the headings in your book. You have control over the entries in the book, and can add new links by hand if required.
- Alphabetical Indexes: Import your index entries from DOCX or ODT, or insert them by hand, and Jutoh will create a multi-level alphabetical index in seconds. Great for non-fiction authors.
- Footnotes and endnotes: Jutoh supports footnotes embedded throughout the document, and can add them to the end of chapters or create a separate endnotes page. Footnotes are supported in DOCX and ODT import.
- Bibliography support: Citations are imported from DOCX and ODT, and the user can store and edit multiple bibliographic databases per project. The Bibliography section can contain just citations, or all references in a database. A lot of behaviour can be customised, such as the formatting of citations and the bibliography section, and whether adjacent citations are merged. An formatting language is provided for detailed specification of how each bibliography entry will be formatted.
- Cross-references: Cross-references allow you to create dynamic content; so for example, you can cross-reference a heading without typing the heading, ensuring the heading title will be updated if you change the original text. You can use reference marks to extract text from arbitrary content; and caption numbers and/or text can be specified. Cross-references will be imported from Word or ODT.
- Auto-replace: Jutoh lets you customise automatic replacements (for example, replacing (c) with ©) and also does automatic quotation replacement.
- Built-in Epub error checker and debug window: Jutoh includes Adobe's EpubCheck, a button click away. If there are errors in the generated file, errors will be shown in context using Jutoh's source viewer. The source viewer supports search within a document and you can go to a specific line. You can also use the viewer to examine other Epub files, not just ones generated by Jutoh.
- Configurable ebook launching: You need to check that your book looks good on a variety of ebook platforms. Jutoh lets you add viewer applications so you can easily choose the desired ebook reader for viewing your generated book.
- Spelling checker: Check for typos with the built-in spellchecker, available in a number of languages.
- Customisable keyboard shortcuts for high-speed editing: Use keyboard shortcuts to make editing your projects fast and natural; choose shortcuts to assign to your favourite commands and formatting styles.
- Fast searchable help: The comprehensive help with near-instant search contains the Jutoh manual and a knowledge base of over 100 articles. The help window allows you to browse Jutoh manuals from within Jutoh, side-by-side with your work. You can maximize it to take up the whole window while reading a topic, or unpin it to show it in a window of its own.
- Scraps facility: You can keep your research and random ideas: notes, pictures, and document and web links. On Windows, use auto-paste to quickly paste scraps by copying text, graphics or web links twice in succession in any other application.
- Desktop: Access to tools and applications is available via the Jutoh Desktop. You can customize the desktop look, add your favourite applications and documents, and create text and picture notes. You can even create a rolling slideshow of pictures to inspire you.
- USB memory key support: Jutoh has superb support for external drives, such as USB memory keys. You can use an external drive for your documents and for all your Jutoh preferences, and you can even install Jutoh entirely onto the drive for complete portability. You can then switch between different machines and operating systems, taking all your documents and settings with you.
- Backup Facility: The File Manager tool gives you an easy way to back up your precious files, without resorting to an additional tool. Specify File Sets that include all files of a given type, and create a backup with just a few clicks. You can also easily restore files from a backup archive.
- Search: A global search tool helps you search all your open documents, allowing you to see all the search results in a list and step through them.
- Customization: Specify editor font styles and sizes; and brighten up window backgrounds with the supplied textures, or your own.
- Jutoh puts you in control
- Jutoh caters for all your format needs
- Create as many books as you like
- Designed specifically for ebooks
- Jutoh helps you design your cover
- Jutoh helps you import existing content
- Jutoh is speedy
- Jutoh is multi-platform
- Jutoh makes it easy to create ebook variations rapidly
- Built-in ebook checking gives you confidence
- Jutoh helps you store related material
- Jutoh support is responsive and ready to help
Join the ebook revolution with Jutoh.